11 Fun Facts about New Jersey
Happy Friday, everyone! I hope everyone is doing well! I wanted to share some fun facts about our good ol state New Jersey that I found on an NJM blog!
1. New Jersey has the most diners in the world and is often referred to as the "Diner Capital of the world."
2. New Jersey has the most shopping malls in one area in the world, with 7 malls in a 25 square mile radius.
3. The Passaic River in Paterson was the site of the first submarine ride in 1878 by its inventor John P. Holland.
4. Salt Water taffy's origins can be traced back to Atlantic City in 1883.
5. The tallest water tower in the world, the Union Watersphere, is located in Union.
6. The street names in the Monopoly board game are named after actual streets in Atlantic City.
7. The phonograph, light bulb, and motion picture projector were all invented in Thomas Edison's Menlo Park laboratory.
8. The longest boardwalk in the world is located in Atlantic City.
9. The first professional baseball game was played in Hoboken in 1846.
10. The Lambert Castle Musuem in Paterson has a spoon exhibit with over 5,400 spoons from every state and almost every country in the world.
11. Some well-known people attended Princeton University, including Aaron Burr, David Duchovny, Donald Rumsfeld, Charles Schwab, Brooke Shields, and Woodrow Wilson.